As an IATEFL Glasgow Online Registered Blogger, I am really glad to let you know that tomorrow, The Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre in Glasgow is opening its doors to receive delegates, presenters, exhibitors and the IATELF team to the 46th Annual Conference and Exhibition. You can check the programme here
Either if you are attending or not, you can take part in one of the biggest ELT conferences online for free: Glasgow Online
- Throughout the IATEFL Conference you can watch guest interviews, reports and the plenary sessions as they happen during the conference in the Glasgow Online Live Channel.
- You can access session materials and post comments to the different presenters here
- You can participate in the different SIG Forums with professionals from all over the world.
As a co-moderator of the Business English Forum I would like to invite you all to post your ideas on issues that are being discussed. So far, the following topics have been addressed:
- English as a Lingua Franca
- Intercultural Training
- Challenges faced by business English trainers
- Business English and technology
Vodpod videos no longer available.
On Monday 19th March the different SIG Pre Conference Events are taking place.
The following topics will be addressed:
- English as a Lingua Franca – what should we be teaching? – Business English SIG
- Cutting-edge developments in teacher education, materials design, and assessment and testing in ESP and EAP – English for Specific Purposes SIG
- ESOL and family, society and work: preparing learners for participation – ES(O)L SIG
- From theory to practice: bringing y(our) global issues into class – Global Issues SIG
- Developing people through effective performance management – Leadership & Management SIG
- Autonomy in action – across borders – Learner Autonomy SIG
- Challenges and limitations in MALL – Learning Technologies SIG
- Glasgow literature, Glasgow film – Literature, Media & Cultural Studies SIG
- Masterclass in teaching pronunciation – Pronunciation SIG
- How to combine teaching and researching: focus on learners and classroom language learning – Research SIG
- Drama techniques for creative teaching – Teacher Development SIG
- Teacher training and education worldwide: sharing experiences – Teacher Training & Education SIG
- The art of assessing writing – Testing, Evaluation & Assessment SIG
- The younger, the better? – Young Learners and Teenagers SIG